In the Morning
- Brew "certified" coffee. A USDA Certified Organic label means it was grown using sustainable standards.
- Green "to go." Not brewing at home? Take a travel cup to your favorite java joint; they may fill it at a discount.
- Double up. Configure your office printer or copy machine so it prints on both sides of the page.
- Put it to sleep. If you'll be away from your computer for more than 20 minutes, change it to "sleep" mode.
- BYOB. Bags, that is. It's good for your wallet, too: Some retailers, such as CVS, now pay you for every disposable bag you don't take ($1 on a special CVS card for every four trips on which you BYO).
- Truly turn off electronics. Plug your devices — the TV and DVD player, or the computer and printer — into a UL-certified power strip; switch the whole group off for the evening to prevent phantom electrical draw.